Making sure your tour is perfectly lit
Lighting will make the biggest difference between the Google Virtual Tour turning out good vs great. But lighting does not matter to every business equally. The primary factor here is how much natural light the areas you want photographed receive. Below are some examples & important things to consider:
- For daytime shoots, we are not worried about having too little light. This is never a problem. We want to avoid too much outside light affecting the inside of the facility.
- Day time shoots look great as long as we want to avoid times of day in which there is direct sunlight streaming through main windows. We want to avoid times of day when there is a stark line of sun vs shadow on the showroom floor.
- Night Shoots look very good the majority of the time; as long as there is enough facility light. If there isn’t enough light, especially around the entrance, the final result can be too dark.
- If the focus is the interior (most cases), rainy days usually look great inside.
- We don’t need to aim for dawn or dusk, but these times pretty much always turn out great.